Published in physic.philica.com
Michelson-Morley’s original publications show confusing non-zero drift-velocities. However ether is regarded inexistent. But vacuum is not empty, thus drift-problems contradicting the Theory of Relativity come back.
Vacuum contains energy, e.g. “elmagn. zero-point energy” . Its density contradicts to observations of astrophysics , thus ZPE is not identified with “dark energy of the universe”. There should be further energy in the vacuum .
Vacuum-energy is confirmed [4,5]. It can be converted into classical energy . Several converters have been invented  but not reproduced with stable operation. Thus they are discussed controversial. E.g. Coler’s apparatus is confirmed, but not understood. The operation is unstable in location and time .
Dark energy, ZPE, ether remind to Michelson-Morley, because they checked its existence. Today ether is said to be inexistent, but the original publications are not that simple; M&M measured a non-zero drift. In  they suspect unknown errors. In  they discuss a drift of 5% of the earth’s velocity. Miller improved the precision [11,12] confirming ether-drift, being doubted by Shankland . An ether-drag hypothesis aroused. Ambiguities finally led to reject ether. But vacuum energy corresponds to a substance (quintessence), guiding back into relativistic drift-problems.
Earth’s motion might cause eddy curls in ether like a car in air (turbulent flow, non-linear chaotic dynamics [14,15]). Air-flow sensors can display weird flux-velocities and -directions, varying in time and position. In analogy, earth’s motion might show chaotic ether-drift and vacuum-energy, perhaps with astronomical dimensions in time and space.
A zero-drift does not exclude the existence of ether. If ether-particles propagate with the speed of light, it is impossible to determine a speed relatively to the ether, due to the Theory of Relativity.
Underlying is the reflection about problems with the reproducibility of the conversion of zero-point energy of the vacuum into classical energy.
1. Turtur, C. W. (2009). Conversion of the Zero-point Energy of the Quantum Vacuum into Classical Mechanical Energy, Europäischer Hochschulverlag , ISBN: 978-3-941482-60-9
2. Giulini, D. and Straumann, N. (2000) Das Rätsel der kosmologischen Vakuumenergiedichte und die beschleunigte Expansion des Universums, arXiv:astro-ph/0009368 v1
3. Valone, T. (2008) Zero Point Energy - The fuel of the future, ISBN 978-0-9641070-2-1
4. Casimir, H. B. G. and Polder, D. (1948) On the attraction between two perfectly conducting plates, Phys. Rev. 73 (1948) S. 360
5. Lamoreux, S. K. (1997) Demonstration of the Casimir force in the 0.6 to 6 ?m range
Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol.78, Issue 1, Jan-6-1997, p.5-8
6. Turtur, C. W. and Knapp W. (2009) Definite Proof for the Conversion of vacuum-energy into mechanical energy based on the Measurement of Machine Power, PHILICA.COM, ISSN 1751-3030, Article number 155
7. Jebens, K. (2001) Die Urkraft aus dem Universum, Jupiter-Verlag, ISBN 3-906571-23-8
8. Hurst, R. (1940) The Invention of Hans Coler, Relating To An Alleged New Source Of Power. B.I.O.S. Final Report No. 1043, B.I.O.S.Trip No. 2394, Target Number: C31/4799
9. Michelson, A. A. (1881). The relative motion of the Earth and the Luminiferous ether, American Journal of Science, Vol.22, p120
10. Michelson, A. A. and Morley E. W.(1887). On the Relative Motion of the Earth and the Luminiferous ether, American Journal of Science, Vol.34, p.333
11. Miller, D. C. (1933) The Ether-Drift Experiment and the Determination of the Absolute Motion of the Earth, Rev. Mod. Phys. Vol.5, no.3, p.203–242
12. Joos, G. and Miller, D. C. (1934) Note on the Repetition of the Michelson-Morley Experiment, Phys. Rev. Vol.45, no.2, p.114
14. Argyris, J., Faust, G. and Haase, M. (1995) Die Erforschung des Chaos, Vieweg-Verlag, ISBN 3-528-06685-7
15. Worg, R. (1993) Deterministisches Chaos, BI-Wissenschaftsverlag, ISBN 3-411-16251-1
Information about this Observation
Peer-review ratings (from 1 review, where a score of 100 represents the ‘average’ level):
Originality = 25.00, importance = 25.00, overall quality = 50.00
This Observation was published on 24th February, 2010 at 14:22:55 and has been viewed 6084 times.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
The full citation for this Observation is:|
Turtur, C. (2010). Is the zero-point energy of the vacuum constant in time and space ?. PHILICA.COM Observation number 58.
1 Peer review [reviewer #47336] added 27th September, 2011 at 12:58:03
Re author’s “Suggested solution’:
“Earth’s motion might cause eddy curls in ether like a car in air (turbulent flow, non-linear chaotic dynamics [14,15]). Air-flow sensors can display weird flux-velocities and -directions, varying in time and position. In analogy, earth’s motion might show chaotic ether-drift and vacuum-energy, perhaps with astronomical dimensions in time and space. “
1. If the “ether” does not exist, then there are no ‘eddy curls’ either and there is no energy to be extracted—“ex nihilo nihil !”
2. How is there going to be *any* macroscopic flow in a vacuum, turbulent or otherwise ?
3. If there is no macroscopic flow in vacuum, and there are only microscopic fluctuations that cancel each other out over time, then the ‘vacuum-machine’
is not possible, just like all other perpetual motion, or perpetuum mobile ‘inventions’.
Originality: 1, Importance: 1, Overall quality: 2